Apr 14, 2014

Our Weekend


These pictures are from last weekend when Ryan and Lincoln woke up at the crack of dawn on Sunday to help me practice for my manual photography assignment. A couple things about this. If these two aren't the cutest, I don't know who is. And two, I can't believe this is where we live! I snapped these pics on the hill above our home…literally two minutes from our front door. Daily, I'm amazed at the beauty we're surrounded by. So grateful we chose to move. The months of waiting were definitely worth it. And since my trigger finger went unexpectedly dormant this weekend, these two cuties and this stunning backdrop will have to serve as photo placeholders while a gab about our most recent weekend. 

My mom and I spent the last week and a half madly prepping for a convention we were accepted to last minute for our small business. It was wonderful to be able to go (thanks to a couple spaces opening up) after we had been told the event was full this year. But yikes, did we ever have a lot of prep to get done! By the time we hit the road at 5am on Friday morning, we were already exhausted. But you know what? Once we were driving, coffees in hand, we forgot how tired we were and realized how fun it was to be on the road doing something different. We had a fantastic time. Learned a lot, left inspired with new ideas for our business and enjoyed a mother/daughter sleepover: a rare treat once you've flown the nest!

We got back late on Saturday night and I slept like a baby, let me tell you. That really good kind of sleep you can only get once you've moved past feeling tired and are more delirious than anything else. 

Sunday was just perfect. Leisurely through and through. Lincoln and I snuck away early in the morning to catch breakfast with Crystal and a walk with her two pups, Lincoln's best buds, Roman and Eli. We reconnected with Ryan around noon for lunch and a few errands before settling down for a movie marathon and pineapple feast. An unreasonable amount of pineapple was consumed I'm proud to say. It was both delicious and kinda burnt our tongues. A sure sign of the best pineapple you ever did have. Also a sure sign of a Sunday well spent :)

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to call home!! Martin & I moved out of the city and we now live in an ocean-side community surrounded by mountains and amazing forest. It's like instant therapy as soon as I walk out the door! Love it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Veronika! We sure love it here. The peace and quiet, coupled with these stunning views, sure beats the city for us. Your home looks lovely too! I love how green and mossy everything is on the west coast. Jealous of your misty weather, I must admit ;)

      Delete
  2. What exactly is the background scenery in your photo? At first glance it looks like a surface strip mine. I'm sure I'm wrong but now curious as to what I'm seeing. Thanks! Kessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background is the town we live in and the mountains in the far off distance. No mines here :)

      Delete
  3. I might have missed it somewhere, but where did you move to? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.