Mar 19, 2014

I ♡ target


But who doesn't, right? Us Canadians may be a little late to the Target party since they only graced us with their presence within the past year but oh, the love affair has been swift, all-consuming and passionate. Since moving into our new home (and mayyyyybe during the four months we were in between homes) I've been frequenting Target pret-ty often. I can't help myself! Their home decor items are fantastic and suit so many different tastes. 

I'm a big believer in the high/low philosophy when it comes to decorating our home. I definitely believe some items are worth splurging on. Whether it's a one-of-a-kind piece or something that will be used often that needs to look great for many years to come (read: well built/comes with warranty/known for it's longevity), I see the value in sometimes spending more for quality. At the same time, I'm the first person to shout from the rooftops that I LOVE a bargain! If it can be thrifted, DIY'd or purchased frugally, well that's the kind of home decor I get most excited about. And the Target goodies we've acquired in our home so far have been exactly that. Fun and practical accents that make me smile and didn't break the bank. I'm thrilled with these side tables and the large hollow glass lamp I purchased a couple weeks ago. I love their fun lines and light, airy feel. They're a happy landing spot for my morning coffee without making the room feel cluttered or smaller than it needs to feel. Same goes for the hollow lamp. It's substantial where I felt the room needed a chunky light fixture, but the eye looks through it, further reinforcing the open airy feel of our living room. 


And don't think this is the extent of my Target hauling so far. Oh no. Like I said, Target and I are in a whirlwind romance which requires more pictures and gushy declarations of thrifty home decor love than we have time for today. More posts to follow, since you know, I just can't help myself. 

I



Target

(!!)

2 comments:

  1. Great side tables. I can't get enough of Target!
    Which one do you visit? I go to Shawnessey, but it seems they always have limited stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go to Westhills most often. Although I'm an equal opportunity shopper at Target. If I see a Target, I'll most likely stop in. I do agree that they are often low on stock though. Hopefully they get the hang of things in the near future so we have LOTS of Target goodies to choose from ;)

      Delete

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.