Dec 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013! It was a good one! Aside from not having our own space (which admittedly, I missed decorating, baking and hosting in … although I know we'll make up for it next year :) we enjoyed two days of Christmasy goodness with both sides of our family. 

On Christmas Eve, in keeping with tradition, we met up with my family for a big turkey dinner, lots of visiting and our usual present exchange. We laughed until we cried. Its times like these which remind me I am so blessed to have a family I love this much. And just as important, I'm blessed to have a family I like so very much. As in, if we weren't family, I'm certain we'd be great friends just the same ♡


On Christmas Day we made our way over to Ryan's parent's home. It was a beautiful Christmas day! We enjoyed a delicious meal with the family, afternoon sleigh rides, and a cozy gift exchange by the fire. I wish I had more pictures of the meal and everyone in attendance but alas, it appears I have yet to master pictures inside with lowlight *_*.  My photography skills (or lack thereof ;) aside, it was a charming Christmas day. 


We feel so very fortunate to have both our families nearby. Holiday's like these always seem to highlight what a blessing that is! Hoping you enjoyed your Christmas holidays as well and that you were surrounded by friends and family too! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years! That sleigh ride looks so fun, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Meagan!!

      Delete

Painted & Polished. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.